Hey mamas! So, let's get real here for a second. As soon as you have kids... you don't have time for yourself. You just don't. Even when you do, you end up spending it on your kids, or getting things done that you can't normally get done. I get it. Couple that with the fact that pampering yourself can be pretty expensive. Well, here is my list for you... it’s cheap, it’s easy and it’s oh so relaxing!
P.S - Just a heads up, if you look under the lifestyle tab, you will see monthly challenges. Well, September is going to be 'Self Care September'. Everyday there will be one activity for you mama. One activity that will help you in taking care of yourself! Keep an eye out for the calendar. I promise it's going to be amazing!
Now...... for THE LIST!
1. Homemade Moisturizing Mask - 1/2 an avocado, one tablespoon of yogurt and one teaspoon of honey. You guys, this mask is my go-to! It exfoliates and is incredibly hydrating. You probably even have these ingredients at home. Make sure to mash up the avocado really well so that it is easier to apply.
2. Essential Oil Bath - These one is easy. After the kids go to bed, just fill up the tub and add a few drops of your favorite essential oil. Pour yourself a glass of wine, light some candles and relax mama!
3. Hair Mask - 1 egg, 1 cup of milk, 1 squeeze of lemon, 1 tbsp of olive oil. Mix these cheap ingredients together, If you have oily hair be sure to only use the egg whites & if you have dry hair you will only use the egg yolk! Whisk the egg, milk and oil together. Add the lemon last Massage into your scalp and leave for 15 minutes before washing thuroughly. Make sure to wash your hair with a regular shampoo for a final cleanse. Tip- add a couple drops of essential oils for a relaxing scent.
4. Cucumber Eye Treatment - 5 tbsp of aloe vera gel and 1/2 a cucumber. Be sure to wash peel and dice the cucumber. Blend the cucumber until liquid consistency. Add the cucumber juice to the aloe very slowly and mix together. Place the gel in the fridge for one hour before use!
5. Milk & Honey Soak - 2 tbsp of honey and 5 oz of whole fat milk. Warm the milk and honey until the honey fully dissolves into the milk. Pour the mixture into a tub with warm water. Soak away and exfoliate with a wash cloth.