Hello my beloved readers! It's a nasty rainy day here in Houston and Amelia has a stuffy nose! I pulled out my Nosefrida and thought to myself "Oh my goodness, this thing is a lifesaver." Then I remember how affordable it was. The lightbulb went off for this post. Look, having a baby is expensive. From the moment you decide to get pregnant your spending money. Pregnancy tests, ovulation tests, fertility treatments, doctors appointments... not to mention that it doesn't ever end. Soon you will be paying for college! Well, I thought id relieve some of your financial stress with this post on some life saving items that wont break the bank. I have linked every item for you, as usual, so just click on the item to purchase! Enjoy!
1. fridaybaby NoseFrida - So you might think this one is gross, but it is a total gift to the mom world. It is a nasal aspirator. It works like a straw to get all the gunk out of your baby's nasal cavities. You suck one end and stick the other end against your little one's nostril. No, you won't be consuming your child's boogers, there is a disposable filter that prevents any bacterial transfer. It works instantly to relieve nasal congestion in your kiddo.
2. fridaybaby DermaFrida - It isn't uncommon for out little ones to get dry flakey skin, eczema and/or cradle cap. We don't really think about it, but the transition from amniotic fluid to dry air can be difficult on a baby's skin. This product is amazing! Instead of using a washcloth on your little during bath time, you can use this brush to help easy the discomfort of dry and itchy skin.
3. fridababy NailFrida - Clipping a baby's nails is probably one of the hardest things to do as a mom. They don't like it, you don't like and sometimes one of you gets hurt in the process (usually your baby). But, if you don't clip your baby's nails, than you are left with a baby that won't stop scratching themselves and others (you). These nail clippers have a safe design that allow you to effectively cut your little one's nails without worrying about nicking your baby's precious little fingers.
4. Honest Company Bath Products - Ok ya'll. I love this stuff. I tried using a couple other products, but was not a huge fan because most brands was causing Amelia's skin to dry out. While we were in St. Louis a couple weeks ago, I discovered that Honest Brand was a huge help for my little girl! I highly recommend this hypoallergenic and cruelty free product for your sensitive littles.
5. Matchstick Monkey Teether - Ya'll. This is hands down the best teether. We have tried several things with Amelia (who started teething a bit early. She couldn't fit some of the other teethers in her mouth, but the design of this one allows her to grasp and hold the item and teeth with no problem. She absolutely loves her money. This is in my top 5 favorite items EVER. Love, love, love this item!
6. Angelcare Baby Bath Support - Okay, so I have talked about this tub a bunch, but there is absolutely nothing that I don't like about this product. If bathing your newborn scared you a little bit, this product is for you. It's easy to use, it's non-slip, it's hypoallergenic and it isn't a bucket (like other products). This is a must for anyone with a newborn. Also, you cant beat the price.
7. The Mommy Hook - I've also talked about this one before on the blog... but it really is a life saver. This hook clips onto your stroller and makes it easier to carry bags while shopping. You just clip your items onto the hook and you still have two free hands! I love this hook so much, that I actually have two!
8. Baby Einstein Take Along Tunes - This is the best musical "on-the-go" toy on the market. .It is lightweight, affordable and easy for any little to use. I swear this is a lifesaver when we are out and about and Amelia starts to get a bit fussy. The buttons are easy for her to press and she loves the variety of music and lights that come out of this little lightweight box.
9. Gripe Water - This natural remedy can cure almost anything. Colic, gas, fussiness and hiccups, this will be the only thing you need in your baby's medicine cabinet for the first few months of life. I absolutely love this product and take it with me everywhere I go. It is fast, effective and natural. Thanks goodness for gripe water.
10. Formula Dispenser - This isn't for everyone (because not everyone will be using formula) but, if you are using formula than you need this product. Instead of lugging around a giant tub of formula, instead of using ziplock baggies, instead of spending extra money on the prepackaged formula, use this! It has three separate compartments for measuring out your formula. Just open the top to the compartment you want to use and pour it in! Easy peasy!
I hope these items help you! Would you like to see a gift basket giveaway with all these items? If yes, please comment and let me know! Also, if you recommend a lifesaving product under $25.00, please feel free to share! Happy mommy-ing!