If you have a daughter, you probably know that all of her hair accessories make quite the messy pile. Between all of Amelia's bows, hats and turbans... she basically has a drawer that looks like Minnie's Bow-tique exploded inside of it. There had to be a better way to organize her hair accessories that would be effective and wouldn't take up so much space. I present to you... this DIY organizer for under $20.00. Not only is it on the cheap end, but it easy as well as quick. it took me less than an hour to make (including dry time!). Here is your step by step guide! Feel free to message me or comment with any questions! You can order all of these items from Michaels. I will tag each item in the 'what you'll need' list below!.
What You'll Need:
1. A wooden board with the ability to be hung. Like this - $7.99
2. Mini clothes pins. I used something similar to. They have plenty of colors in store! - $1.50
3. A paint brush. I just used these throw away foam brushes, but any brush will do. - $1.00
4. Paint - As you can see from the first picture, I used the same paint for this DIY as the giraffe DIY, any color to match your kiddos room will work!
5. A hot glue gun like this - $3.00
Your first step is going to be to paint your board with your desired paint color. To be honest, I never paint the back. It makes the painting process harder, takes longer to dry and even ends up rubbing off onto the well. I just painted the front and the sides. Depending on the wood it shouldn't take longer than 30 minutes to dry,
Use your hot glue gun to glue the back of your clothes pins to the board. You can put as many or as few as you want. Keep in mind what you will be hanging up. I did mine in this staggered pattern so I could see each bow easily!
Thats it... hang it up and organize away!